Check Out Our Shop
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

A-Basin skiers can eat a bag of dicks

^^^ and about the environment. They’ll be ever greener next year, forcing people to pile into huge SUVs just to avoid the $20 charge!

I think I'm gonna go to Copper 'cause you whiny b1tches are harshing my mellow.

Or maybe it's because they got way more snow and it's still snowing there...

Parking lot was full of dicks so we kept driving to Copper.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Got up early and did 3 Pali laps, dust on crust-ish then a corner chute before deciding that was a good enough day. Not quite hero snow but still good. Not sure if it was the beers last night or the snow but that ski had me more gassed than normal midway down.

I feel like they weren’t charging for early riser last Sunday but I might be totally wrong about that as I didn’t have an early start last week anyways.

Ppl parked on the highway today…

Lots were full about 9:45. And pali and bmx ski on. Go figure. Biggest best party in summit. Still in 6 alley. The vibe cannot be denied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, we missed the lots by maybe 15 minutes.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Rolled up right at noon and pulled into a nice spot in the main lot. Some friends had some beach spots. Fun day, snow was variable, but soft enough. Best thing about having speakers in my helmet is that I don't hear the scratchy snow as much, funny, but I swear it makes it more enjoyable.

Coverage is really good for this time of year. Wish I had hit the EW yesterday, looks like I'm too busy to ski the next few weeks so not sure I'll get much more in this season before Pali and the EW close. Bummer.

I'll be up there today.
    Fluorescent yellow jacket, HL skis; ask for change.

Might head up today as well. Basin or the Luv. Not sure yet. Green jacket. Will have change for a nickle.

On summer schedule for work now which makes it harder for me to sneak up on work days and will be floating Ruby horsethief next weekend so I’m hoping Pali can hold on til the 11th

good timing on the float. flows are bumping up over 8K and heater of a weekend coming.

Little sticky up here today(?); or could be my wax.

Changing out to skinnier skis that were money last week in the corn harvest (R87s) to find out.

Which one if you was the boomer at Pali, Friday morning, trying to claim ultra heady local status before revealing that you moved to Avon from New Jersey in 2015?

High winds coming tomorrow and Tuesday. Fuck

Quote Originally Posted by JerkPorkins View Post
    Which one if you was the boomer at Pali, Friday morning, trying to claim ultra heady local status before revealing that you moved to Avon from New Jersey in 2015?
    This made me laff.

Last week I saw a dude riding an Arbor split board mono-ski style (pretty good too) on frame binders.

Worst of all touring options?
    Granted the guy wasn't touring.

Which exit?

A-Basin skiers can eat a bag of dicks

Al’s latest post mentions a bike pass? Huh?
    Do you need a pass to ride the singletrack up there? Or does he mean there will be lift access now?

“Snow, Festival of the Brewpubs, Summer Pass
    When it comes to The Basin these days, we have a few things to think about.

The skiing and riding for this time of year is outstanding. We had nearly a foot of snow earlier in the week. The forecast the next several days looks good for that much or maybe more. Lots of good skiing to go.

Festival of the Brewpubs is coming up Sunday, May 26. This is a sweet day to catch up with friends, ski your heart out in the morning and sample Colorado's finest craft beers in the afternoon. With live music in Mountain Goat Plaza, you won't want to miss this day.

Lastly, we have added the $199 Summer Pass. This pass gets you a full-day Via Ferrata tour, an Aerial Adventure Park (AAP) season pass, two AAP buddy tickets for your friends, unlimited summer lift rides, 5 yoga classes, all our trail runs and wildflower hikes and a bike pass. On top of that, the pass offers access to Festival of the Brewpubs, Summer Beer Fest and Oktoberfest. This is a $879 value for $199.

So, if you were planning to spend $40 for Festival of the Brewpubs, think about bumping that up to $199 for a full summer of fun.”

I'm thinking they will do bike haul on BMX. I've asked a buncha times "hey you are spinning the lift anyway, why not?"

No way they charge for human power access to their trails. Nobody does that and their trails too few and also far from special enough to warrant that.

That said, the pass does have a lot of fun and beer for $199!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Hmm. Last season you were supposed to get a bike pass at guest services but it didn’t cost anything, actually it even came with a free new Belgium beer at 6th alley. Paying to bike up the mountain would be pretty messed up.

Ah if they want me to sign a waiver, I'm down with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

They charge people to skin uphill, so I wouldn't put it past em. But I feel like access to Lenawee would be jeopardized and that would suck. Either way, I have zero interest in any of their summer offerings other than the bike trail, and that I could give or take really. Sounds like a good deal for a local family though.

yeah also did not really see $20 to park in upper last chance coming so I wouldn't even be surprised at this point. If I go ride the bike trails I may be inclined to get some food and a beer at 6th alley, as would many other bikers I'd assume, but if I had to pay I would not even bother going in the first place. I guess we shall see, lots of unknowns in the world of Abasin right now.

No longer charging for early riser. At least today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

excellent morning of pow turns, beavers was especially good. kept waiting for a rope drop on Zuma but it didn't happen by 11:30 and things were getting pretty heavy by then and the sun was making an appearance so I bailed. not sure if it was wind related or what but patrol did seem pretty busy around that time tending to people wrecking in the heavy snow.