Check Out Our Shop
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1231
    I'm not reading anything more into it than a good ol fashioned whoopin as I still believe this one goes to the Celtics in 5 or 6, but the Cavs actually made an adjustment last night - which is kind of crazy for J.B., where they were just going to the paint all night and could get basically what they wanted there. If they keep that up and defend against the 3, it could be the key to getting a couple more wins against them. Mobley stepped up to what we've always wanted him to be. Now, if we can get Allen back for tomorrow...
    I still call it The Jake.

so much hand wringing from Celtics fans. Just like after game 2 last series.

The Cavs shot 55% from the field and 46% from 3. The C's shot 41% from the field and 23% from 3.

Yes, if that shooting trend continues the Celtics are fucked. But I do not expect the trend to continue. If they lose game 3 I will wring my hands. Not now.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

2023/2024 NBA THREAD: WHO WANTS TO GO ON PARADE?!?

I wish I had more confidence in their game when they aren’t draining threes but they have a history of losing to lesser opponents. They should be talented enough to overcome that in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

The Cavs shot 55% from the field and 46% from 3. The C's shot 41% from the field and 23% from 3.

Yes, if that shooting trend continues the Celtics are fucked. But I do not expect the trend to continue. If they lose game 3 I will wring my hands. Not now.
    I like your attitude.

Completely agree. In the era of efficiency with three pointers and points in the paint it’s just going to happen here and there on any given night. It would be interesting to lookup but I’m willing to bet the average series length over the past several years has increased compared to the past. There has to be way more statistical variation than before, which is also why we see more wild in-game swings / comebacks these days.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

It was just under 5 minutes and 24 points.
    Selective memory. And possibly a cocktail or two. The more I think about it, pretty sure we were only down by 5. We got robbed!
    Celts in 5

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Selective memory. And possibly a cocktail or two. The more I think about it, pretty sure we were only down by 5. We got robbed!
    Celts in 5
    How many cocktails, again?

Well, hell, Murray showed up. This is a very confusing series. Nuggets up 17 in the second.

Denver seems to have handled getting punched in the mouth. I wonder if Minny can?

- Nuggets fan

Sent from my SM-G988U using TGR Forums mobile app

Someone probably should have told MIN they haven’t won a damn thing so stop smelling their own farts just yet.

2022 NBA 2nd place team could probably give them some pointers.

I feel the same way. They are going to have a let down game here and there, its unnatural to expect them to go out and not lose a single game when they are playing very good opponents.

Full disclosure I played hockey and I don’t know jack dick about basketball. But it felt like when Udoka was the coach the Celtics could fall back on their defense when they weren’t hitting the 3 and gut out some wins. I’m not sure what Mazzula is trying to get them to do if it isn’t their shooting night. I get that the analytics say to keep shooting but it’s the playoffs, the sample sizes aren’t the same and this team should be talented enough to make adjustments to their playing style and win in different ways.

Someone in a green jersey should really thinking about D'ing up that MItchell guy

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Full disclosure I played hockey and I don’t know jack dick about basketball. But it felt like when Udoka was the coach the Celtics could fall back on their defense when they weren’t hitting the 3 and gut out some wins. I’m not sure what Mazzula is trying to get them to do if it isn’t their shooting night. I get that the analytics say to keep shooting but it’s the playoffs, the sample sizes aren’t the same and this team should be talented enough to make adjustments to their playing style and win in different ways.
    Email Joe. He'll appreciate the advice. 8)

Seriously though, I'm bound to give your observation some credence. Udoka did some good things in his brief tenure. It's too bad it went sideways for everyone involved. Mazzilla is doing a lot right. I'll admit I didn't have faith at first. But I'd call last year a success for a very young first time head coach. Best record in the regular season by a mile this year isn't too shabby.

And we need another D White show right about now. How do we get him to turn it back on?

Great game tonight Aaron Gordon, pisses me off no one talking about you.
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

Denver ties it up. Lol.

Ok so first let me be perfectly clear that I know dumbass fans and internet clickbait BS doesn’t actually impact the outcome of basketball games (unless you are Boston restaurant owners trolling Steph Curry’s wife with various signs and then he actually sees that shit). But after Minnesota went up 2-0 against Denver I saw some stuff on social media and Reddit equating the Warriors not trading up to draft Ant (instead of picking Wiseman second) with Minnesota picking two point guards ahead of Curry. That’s so idiotic I thought as a Minnesota fan I’d be nervous that anyone put this stupid shit out into the universe. This alongside claims of how fantastic the trade for Gobert was and everyone was wrong. And well, now it’s 2-2. Don’t count those chickens. Just saying. ;-)
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 05-13-2024 at 08:35 AM.

Wow. What a gritty performance by the Cavs playing without Donovan Mitchell and Jarret Allen, to nearly pull out the W against the Celtics tonight.

Most interesting, sitting court-side was LeBron, his wife and his agent Rich Paul. Maybe he sees the young Cavs as his best chance to get on with for one last title run? God knows it’s not gonna happen in LA.

I’d love to see him, Donovan, Garland and Allen together.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I’d love to see him, Donovan, Garland and Allen together.
    Don’t forget bronny. He and dad are a combo deal.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post

I’m sure there’s space on the G League roster.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post

Did you see the combine results? Bronny has always been listed at 6’4” but is actually 6’1”

I still believe that Bronny only entered the combine/draft so that teams could give him an honest assessment of where he needs to improve, because he really didn't play at all at USC.

That said, it would be super easy for the Cavs to take him with the #20 pick, an otherwise useless selection, and stash him somewhere in the G League if it meant getting LeBron back in a Cavs uniform playing alongside Mitchell/Garland/Allen/Mobley. I'd still let Donovan be the leader of that team knowing that LeBron will be essentially a bench player for the regular season saving himself for a postseason run at one more (last?) title.

What sticks out the most to me about last night's game, besides the fact that the Cavs kept it to a 7 point game without their two best players, was the FT line: BOS - 21/24; CLE - 5/7. How on earth does an entire team only get 7 trips to the line while both Tatum and Brown each had 9 a piece?!?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I'd still let Donovan be the leader of that team knowing that LeBron will be essentially a bench player for the regular season saving himself for a postseason run at one more (last?) title.
    I could swear that you struck me as someone who was familiar with Lebron James, but I must have been mistaken.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I could swear that you struck me as someone who was familiar with Lebron James, but I must have been mistaken.
    Don't think I didn't choke on those words a bit as I was typing them out.